Sweet Potatoes & Fried Eggs
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: Serves: 4
2 large sweet potatoes, peel & cut in 1-inch cubes
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 ½ tsp salt, divided
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced fine
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Add potatoes, vinegar, and one teaspoon salt to the cooking pot. Add just enough
water to cover potatoes.
- Secure the lid and set to pressure cooking on high. Set timer for 5 minutes. When
timer goes off, use quick release to remove the lid. Potatoes should be slightly soft.
Drain and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon oil to the cooking pot and set to sauté function on medium
heat. When oil is hot, add onions and bell pepper, cook about 5 minutes or until
tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to the pot. When hot, add potatoes, remaining salt, pepper,
cumin, and paprika and decrease heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally,
until potatoes are nicely browned on the outside and tender.
- Stir in the onion mixture and create 4 “wells” in the mixture. Crack an egg in each
- Secure the tender-crisp lid and set to air fryer function on 350°F. Bake until whites
are set. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 239, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbs 18g, Net Carbs 15g, Protein 8g, Sugar 5g,
Sodium 982mg, Potassium 399mg, Phosphorus 148mg