Spinach & Sausage Casserole
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 7 hours, Serves: 8
Nonstick cooking spray
1 lb. pork breakfast sausage
1 yellow onion, diced
1 ½ tsp oregano
5 cups baby spinach, packed
4 cups potatoes, diced
1 ¼ cups Swiss cheese, grated
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups milk
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 ½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
- Spray the cooking pot with cooking spray. Select the sauté function on med-high.
- Add the sausage, onion, and oregano and cook, stirring to break up the sausage
until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Set the cooker to the slow cooker function on low heat.
- Add the potatoes, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, and the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper until smooth. Pour
over ingredients in the cooking pot and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and set the timer for 6 hours. Casserole is done when the edges start
to brown and the eggs are set. If it is not done, recover and cook another 60 minutes
or until done.
- When the casserole is set, top with remaining cheese and cover. Cook just until the
cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 439, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbs 18g, Net Carbs 16g, Protein 27g, Sugar 5g,
Sodium 1098mg, Potassium 734mg, Phosphorus 419mg