Sausage & Egg Stuffed Peppers
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 6 hours, Serves: 4
½ lb. breakfast sausage
4 bell peppers
½ cup water
½ cup cheddar Jack cheese, grated
4 oz. green chilies, diced
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbsp. green onion, diced
- Set cooker to sauté on med-high heat.
- Add sausage and cook, breaking up with spatula, until no longer pink. Transfer to a
bowl and drain off the grease.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and ribs. Place in the cooking
pot and pour the water around them.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until smooth. Stir in cheese, chilies, salt, and pepper
until combined. Fill the peppers with the egg mixture.
- Secure the lid and set to slow cooker function on high. Set the timer for 4 hours.
- Casserole is done when the eggs are set, if not done when the timer goes off, cook
another 1-2 hours. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 364, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbs 15g, Net Carbs 13g, Protein 27g, Sugar 0g,
Sodium 874mg, Potassium 666mg, Phosphorus 389mg