Pumpkin Breakfast Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 3 hours, Serves: 14
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ cup coconut oil, melted
¾ cup honey
3 cups pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 banana, mashed
½ cup walnuts, chopped & divided
- Spray the cooking pot with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and pumpkin spice.
- Make a “well” in the middle of the dry ingredients and add oil, honey, eggs,
pumpkin, vanilla, and banana, and ¼ cup of the walnuts. Mix well to thoroughly
combine all ingredients.
- Pour batter into cooking pot and sprinkle remaining walnuts over the top. Place
two paper towels over the top of the pot and secure the lid. Select slow cooking
function on high. Set timer for 2 hours.
- When timer goes off check bread, it should pass the toothpick test. If it is not done,
continue cooking another 30-60 minutes.
- When bread is done, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 207, Total Fat 9g, Total Carbs 30g, Net Carbs 27g, Protein 4g, Sugar 16g,
Sodium 130mg, Potassium 205mg, Phosphorus 93mg