Hearty Breakfast Skillet
Prep time: 15 minutes, cook time: 35 minutes, Serves: 4
¼ cup walnuts
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup onion, chopped
4 cups Brussel sprouts, halved
2 cups baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, diced fine
3 tbsp. chicken broth, low sodium
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Set to sauté on medium heat. Add walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, 3-5
minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to small bowl to cool.
- Add oil and let it get hot. Once oil is hot, add onions and Brussel sprouts and cook
5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook 10-12 minutes until vegetables are
tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour in broth and cook until liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Make 4 “well” in vegetable mixture and crack an egg in each. Add tender-crisp lid
and set to air fryer function on 350°F. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until whites are cooked
- Chop the walnut and sprinkle over top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 261, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbs 14g, Net Carbs 9g, Protein 13g, Sugar 4g,
Sodium 399mg, Potassium 640mg, Phosphorus 277mg